“Mondays are the potholes in the road of life.” Tom Wilson
It’s Monday. What’s in store for you this week? More importantly, how do you feel about your new week?
- Ever feel a bit anxious on a Sunday night?
- Do you start the week determined to do things differently, and after 15 minutes or so find yourself doing exactly what you did last week and the week before?
- Wish you could approach the week differently?
Sign up here for my Monday Motivator. It will pop into your inbox every 2 weeks. You’re busy, so it’s quick to read. You’ll find tips and hints to make your week go brilliantly.
- feel more motivated
- get more productive
- improve your wellbeing
- turn unhelpful habits into helpful ones
- approach things differently
- think clearly and get organised
Mondays will never be the same!
Here’s a sample:
Who do you just love spending time with? Who makes you smile, inspires you, makes you feel good about yourself? Who do you seek out when you need a bit of a lift? How do they do what they do?
It would be great to bottle the skill of making other people feel good, at ease, uplifted, wouldn’t it? This week, I thought it would be useful to focus on a little of what it takes to build rapport with others. Your own bottle of happiness, if you like. You’re probably quite good at this stuff already; it’s just helpful to bring it back to the top of your awareness every once in a while, and think about how you relate to others.
Rapport is built on the element of trust that exists between people. Here are 3 building blocks to think about: